May 4, 2021

Back when I was a chicken slinger...

I write to you today from SFO as I await to board my flight to Mt. Airy, North Carolina! 


Flying during a pandemic was not really something I ever thought I'd do, but I just knew I had to be in the same space with Ashley Easter as we head into this weekend for the Emerge virtual retreat!


* this is us last year when we did the retreat in person and so
can't wait until next year when we can be in the same room with participants again!


I am so excited to have time in community this weekend, and can't wait to witness the amazing shifts that I know will happen.

Honestly, it kinda blows my mind!

Especially when I think about all of the work I've done in my life: McDonald's burger flipper, a "swacker" for a shipping company, barista, sandwich maker, telemarketer, video store clerk, chicken slinger, teacher, nanny .... the list goes on. AND ... I used to work 3-4 jobs at a time!

A friend of mine used to joke, "If you can't find a job, it's because Rachel has taken them all!" :)

Today, as I ponder the life and career I've crafted for myself through a hell of a lot of hard work, perseverance, facing fears, overcoming major let downs, facing my mistakes, growing through my insecurities ... I am so grateful that I have ONE job and that it doesn't really even feel like a job!

Every night, I set an alarm with a message that says, "Witnessing healing today!"



That is what I do each day.

Not a job.

Not work.

Witnessing.

What I know from the 14 years that I've been working with men and women who want more than anything to break free from the past so they can live their lives and do something that is fulfilling, is that so often what we really need is just a safe space to be seen, heard, and understood.

What a deep gift it is that I get to do this work everyday through the Beyond Surviving program and this weekend through the Emerge Retreat.

Is it time for you to step out of the pain of the past and into the purpose and passion that has been calling to you?

Hit reply and tell me about it?

I'm listening,




P.S. Bummed you missed out on Emerge this year? Go here to get on the VIP waitlist for next year's retreat and get first dibs at registering!




Explore the process of finding your purpose as a survivor of abuse.


When was the last time you really felt seen and heard?






BOOK OF THE MONTH



All Along You Were Blooming is a striking collection of illustrated poetry and prose, inviting you to "stumble into the sunlight" and delight in the wild and boundless grace you've been given. 

READ MORE HERE!




UPCOMING EVENTS


STARTS TOMORROW!

I was so honored when the fabulous Tracey Noriega invited me to be a part of her Nourish Your Body, Mind, Heart & Soul FREE virtual event. It is so jam packed with such great info.

Don't miss out on learning:

* Natural ways to regulate stress

* Proven methods to understanding self-doubt & building confidence

* Techniques for healing trauma & abuse

* Breathwork exercises to release emotions and relieve anxiety

* Practical tools to managing your time & energy







Friendship:

Friendships have great significance for all of us in terms of support, love, validation of our woth, sense of belonging, and even a sense of "chosen family". Let's talk about friendship, the kinds of people we choose and why, and the importance of deep friendship.

Learn More & Register Here

NOTE: Starting in June, this meeting will move
to the 2nd Monday of each month - same time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign up for my free guide so you can stop spinning your wheels and instead navigate your way through each stage of recovery with ease and clarity. Get the support you need today