April 23, 2019

Are Your Inner Dialogues Killing You?

This week, Annie Addington wraps up her series by letting us see exactly how the Ego, Lower Self, and Mask dialogue with each other and how we can move through this dialogue to access our Higher Self.

----  

We have to do more than survive. We have to work on ourselves. We must explore our miraculous Beings!  

SO, in the last entry, we discussed three levels of Being: the Higher Self, The Lower Self and the Mask, and how important it is to become conscious of these three levels. 

I’d like to discuss how these levels connect. Let’s see what we can look out for in our thought processes. Raising consciousness takes nothing less than observing your own thought process.  

First of all, these are not three DISTINCT layers. They interact with one another; the boundaries are not set. As we are living, moving beings, all of these energy levels are active and in flux. So, it can be tricky!  

We are dealing with layers of energy within layers of energy, in fact.

When we can face our Lower Self impulses with courage, optimism and humility, we will really get to know it, and then be able to shed all the masks in the covering layers. When you do this, it is in fact, your Higher Self making this possible, it is a Higher Self motive that urges you to do the work.  

Journaling is one of the best ways to get to know yourself and your rhythms. It is fascinating to "follow your path". I can, even today, after so many years, look back and learn from my writings.  

I will give you an example of some inner dialogue between the selves. We will include the ego, the function that mediates between the inner and outer worlds.  We will look at the voice of the Positive Ego, and the Negative Ego.

The Positive Ego is the voice that works in service of the Higher Self and the Negative Ego works in service of the Lower Self.   

Let’s set the stage.  

Remember. The true nature of the Lower Self is that of a controlling, calculating, ruthless and manipulative tyrant, who will do anything to get its way.  

Inner Dialogue: 

Lower Self:  
"You’re  nothing at all! Look at you! No one will ever want you! You’ve been used. You’re dirty! Disgusting! Go sleep in the gutter where you belong! You’re ugly. Fat!"

Mask: 
(Big smile). "Hey! I’m doing great, no complaints! I’m just really busy. It’s all good."   

Negative Ego: 
(in service of the Lower Self).  "I’m so tired of everything. I just want to give up. Nothing ever works out for me. I’m too tired to work on myself." 

Positive Ego:  
(The positive ego is a teacher of sorts; in service of the Higher Self). "You are being so cruel to yourself. This is the pain talking. Don’t let it take over. You know how to rise out of the ashes. You’ve done it before and you have the ability to do it now." 

Higher Self:  
"You are Love. You are Light. You are beautiful beyond measure."  


So, a lot of the work is finding the voice of the Positive Ego, because that is the voice that can lead you out of the mire and into the Light.  

It’s really exciting to get to know yourself. You are always WAY MORE than you know. Always. Every day.  


I want to share something about the Higher Self. John P once said, "When you feel the sweetness, in yourself or others, that’s the Higher Self."  

I used these words many times to work on my judgments. I remember the first time. I was riding a subway in Berlin, Germany at night, with some, well, interesting characters. I found myself judging a man who was standing holding on to the pole. He looked absolutely "yukky" to me, if that gives you an idea. 

I remembered John’s words, and I said to myself, "There is a sweetness in this man that you are not seeing." I will never forget that moment, because that man transformed in front of my eyes. I saw it. I saw his sweetness and his Higher Self.

I hope you try it. It’s like magic!  

Well, I will close now, but I’m very excited to share that I will have a CD finished and out by the end of the summer. It is called "In a Midnight Wind" and consists of jazz standards, Brazilian songs and some originals.  

Then next step is to complete the work on an album of all original songs, called Songs of Body and Soul (including Sexual Tears). I plan to have that out by the Fall.  

I have been asked to write the script for a solo performance, using my original songs and my story.  

I am in the process of creating an online Women’s Group for survivors and also developing my work as an ELI-MP (Energy Leadership Index Master Practitioner). The goal is to raise consciousness for leaders in business, giving an assessment that measures energy levels and allows for a deeper understanding of the dynamics in their work and with their employees.

I have very much enjoyed writing for Rachel’s blog. I felt that I was talking to my sisters and brothers. And I was.  

In love, Annie



----


My life has been filled with constant change. I survived and rose from the ashes of childhood abuse, an ever-hungry and curious spirit, seeking growth, knowledge and change.

My first time in college, I was a theater major. I had been acting for several years in Community theater and in Summer Stock, where I played Luisa, (the Girl) in the Fantastiks, for instance. After two years at UCONN, I received an award for my acting, and thought I was to become a great actress, so I left school and moved to NYC, where I studied acting at Herbert Berghof Studios. But, it was 1967 and an influx of Love and Consciousness was happening. Woodstock!! Music!!! Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll!
So off I went, into a new world. The abuse that I experienced in my childhood went very deep and I experienced all of the after effects of this violation. Depression, anxiety, promiscuity and parties.

In 1978, I found the Pathwork and Core Energetics and my life turned around. I entered into deep studies and personal work with amazing teachers.

I moved to Amsterdam in 1981, where there was a strong Pathwork, with the idea of living in Europe for one year. I reconnected with my ex-husband, whom I had met at the Pathwork Center. We co-founded an institute in Germany in which we worked with and trained people to further the teachings of John and Eva Pierrakos, to explore the depths of oneself; one's thought processes, one's physical condition and one's feelings.


In the Institute, we also gave teachings of the different character structures, the feelings associated with them, their beginnings and their effects on self and others in the form of communication, transferences and counter-transferences, i.e. a deep approach to enhanced Emotional Intelligence and the level of exchange it can elicit.

My son, Christian was born in 1984, in Holland, where I was living.

I was longing to work with people, to teach, to raise consciousness, so I did my certifications as a Coach and ELI-MP through iPEC Coaching, where all the values of my earlier training and exciting new ways of looking at the work became alive again. I signed up right away.

So now, the Core Energy Coaching Process from iPEC Coaching and the experience I gained from my studies and work in Core Energetics, meet, as one.
This is my commitment to be of service to others; I am excited, a child in awe, to see others rise and grow…to contribute to the healing process of others. I

I am planning an online women’s group where survivors can grow together, and I look so forward to reignite this process.

I also am singing and preparing my CDs for distribution. The End/The Beginning

Learn more at http://quantumtransitions.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign up for my free guide so you can stop spinning your wheels and instead navigate your way through each stage of recovery with ease and clarity. Get the support you need today