November 30, 2020

WTH! Despite it all, 2020 hasn't been all bad!

Wishing You a Happy Holiday and New Year!


At the end of 2019, I wrapped up by saying, "As someone who loves all things from the 1920's - I am beyond thrilled that I am going to get to experience my own decade of 20-somethings!"

Ummm -- can I take that back!!

Folks - this has been an unbelievable year. If you're like me, you've had moments of deep fear, anger, feeling flabbergasted, hope, joy, laughter, connection, sadness, grief, worry, relief.

It's like 2020 came on the scene to just double check to make sure I really had this "feel your feelings" thing on point!


I have never before felt so profoundly thankful for the toolkit I have and the community and support I have -- both of these things have played a huge role in my maintaining my sanity this year.

Today, I am also very present to the beautiful, wild, amazing ride of life, because even in the midst of some very big challenges, I have found ways to thrive. Some of my big dreams have come true this year. I've witnessed the perseverance of my clients as they continue to show up for themselves in big big ways and tackle their hurts and past with fortitude. 

And so I decided to take a look back at the year to see what all has happened in my Beyond Surviving life of 2020.


Here's a little year in review:
  • 524 people have now completed my 28-Day Boot Camp for the Brain self-study program, and I am very proud that I continue to be able to offer this life changing program on a sliding scale in honor of my commitment that anyone impacted by trauma, at the very least, know how to practice the basics when it comes to healing and retraining the brain.

  • My dear friend who I mentioned was pregnant last year had that little baby, making me Auntie to niece #9.

  • 5300 people are now members of my Healing from Sexual Abuse Facebook group and the volunteer team of Comment Moderators has grown to 12. I am so in awe of the sharing, support, and community that is building and this safe space that we've created for people to be seen and heard with care and compassion.

  • I finally figured out how to post stories to Instagram :)

  • A really really really big dream came true this year! Ashley Easter and I held our Emerge: Unleash Your Empowered Self live, in-person retreat in February (just before covid hit!). 12 amazing women joined us, and it was such a gift to see them tapping into their feelings, expanding their intuition, celebrating their bodies, and stepping into their power!

  • Like so many, streaming shows has been a great way to fill the time. Some of my favorites this year were The Queen's Gambit, Ratched, The Voice, Schitt's Creek, Shine On with Reese Witherspoon, and Broadchuch!

  • I started roller skating again. This was my go to growing up in Oklahoma where my entertainment choices where somewhat limited. Though I'm a little wobbly, I'm working to get my skate legs back and enjoying this activity that holds a lot of nostalgia for me.

  • 2020 marks the end of my 13th year as a Sexual Abuse Recovery Coach and I have had the honor to walk alongside 50 men and women through my group and one-on-one programs. Witnessing their growth and healing is by far the highlight of my year!

  • Anthony and I learned even more about how to best love and care for each other through this unexpected experience of quarantining and are about to celebrate 7 years together.

Some things I'm looking forward to in 2021:
  • Ashley and I will be offering the Emerge: Unleash Your Empowered Self retreat again in 2021---and we're going virtual! If you'd like to know more and be notified when registration opens, go here. (FYI - we haven't updated the website to reflect the shift to a virtual retreat yet!)
 
  • Ashley and I have also developed a training on "10 Ways Sexual Trauma May Be Holding You or an Employee Back", and we will be presenting this training for Amazon employees (!!) in Spring 2021! We will be looking for more opportunities to offer this training as well, and I'm so excited to be stepping into this new aspect of my work!
 
  • I am partnering with my dear friend and colleague, Xanet Pailet, to offer a course on how to reclaim desire and your sex life after trauma!
 
  • Doing more weekend trips, creating lots of space for rest and adventure! 

  • Finally watching The Mandalorian - because who wouldn't look forward to seeing this guy:


Each year brings with it more surprises, challenges, and opportunities, and as I turn the corner and start my 14th year in business (holy moly!?), I am so curious to see what 2021 will bring!

With deep gratitude, my wish for you is that your holiday and 2021 are filled with joy, love, laughter, and strength.

From our little family to yours - much love,





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign up for my free guide so you can stop spinning your wheels and instead navigate your way through each stage of recovery with ease and clarity. Get the support you need today