October 14, 2020

How to Embrace Your Weird!

This month, Rock Pitre, is joining us to share about embracing your weirdness!

---

Hey everybody!! Rock here!!

How's everybody doing? I hope you're all doing well despite the pandemic.

As I live through this pandemic, I have come to embrace many things. I have embraced the fact that my wife and I both lost our jobs due to the Covid-19 virus. I have embraced the fact that the world as we knew it, is now long gone! Most importantly, this time has allowed to embrace myself and my weirdness!

Yes, I consider myself weird!! I also consider all of you to be weirdos too!! Don't take this the wrong way but we are all weird in our own way, especially those of us who have survived trauma. Some like to label it as being unique or special but I prefer calling it for what it is…weird! It's not intended to be a bad thing, in fact, I embrace it!! The faster you embrace your weirdness, the faster you will accept yourself in your as is state.

Don't fight your weirdness!! It's who you are and there's nothing wrong with that!! I love my weirdness now more than ever and my life has gotten much better because of it. Here are a couple of takeaways for you in hopes that you can embrace your own weirdness.


First, accept your weirdness!! You will never appreciate where you're going in life, if you can't accept where and who you are. If you don't accept your weirdness, you will never feel like you are enough. You'll always feel like there's a void inside of you and with that, feel like you have to fill that void, often with things that don't serve you. Trust me when I say this, you are enough!!

Secondly, once you truly accept your weirdness, you can then pursue meaningful and long lasting growth and development. If you don't, you'll never really appreciate your accomplishments. If you're not happy with who you are, you'll never celebrate your victories because the void I mentioned in the first point will never be filled! Pursuing growth and development has to come from a place of acceptance, otherwise, you'll spin your wheels for nothing!!

What I hope you do after reading this is simple. Accept the fact that we are all a little weird in our own way. There's nothing wrong with that! Yes, some people are definitely more weird than others!! This is true but, it should not negate the fact that your weird too! Don't be worried about the fact that you're weird, that shouldn't matter!! It's what you decide to do with your weird that matters!! Channel your weird towards something positive that brings value to the world and again, you are enough!!

I send this message to you with love and I hope it serves you well!!

Have a great weekend!!

Rock Pitre

---


Rock Pitre is a Canadian Writer and Story Teller. Rock loves his wife and daughter and has an appreciation for sports and the outdoors. A Certified Life Coach with years of experience working on the front line, Rock has been helping others reach for their potential which fuels him to reach for his own.

https://www.yourjourneytowardswellness.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Rock-and-Nancys-Pit-Stop-104488977892029 (live morning shows and other posts intended to motivate others towards positive change)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign up for my free guide so you can stop spinning your wheels and instead navigate your way through each stage of recovery with ease and clarity. Get the support you need today