July 6, 2020

Do you ever cry in the shower?

There's something about being naked in the shower, enveloped by the water, no distractions that has always allowed my mind to wander. Back in the day, my mind usually wandered to my past, to fears, to shaming thoughts and judgments.

I can recall many a time when I would just collapse in the shower, overwhelmed by all that I was feeling. I was so consumed by negative thoughts...they came at the same rapid pace as the water hitting my face. 

At the same time, there have been many times, in the face of this grief and despair, that I have found the fortitude within myself to say, "I don't know if this is ever going to get better, but I can't give up."

So, when I recently had a chat with Leanne, a graduate of the Beyond Surviving program, and she shared about a moment she had, balling her eyes out in the shower after a terrible nightmare, it totally resonated.

She went on to share her concerns at the time, "How am I ever going to get this out of my head?! How am I ever going to get over this?"

Thankfully, Leanne, too, didn't give up! She enrolled in the Beyond Surviving Group Program for Women and I had the great joy of watching Leanne grow out of her despair, find her voice, recapture joy and connection and so much more!

Listen to Leanne share in her own words!


If what you're hearing rings true in your own life, Leanne and I want to bring you hope and encouragement that where you are today is not the period at the end of your life story. There is more in store for you. There is freedom from trauma and abuse. There is hope!

If the time is now for you to take the next step in your healing journey, I encourage you to submit your application today and be a part of the next Beyond Surviving Group Program for Women starting September 8th (limited space available).


To taking our lives back,







Watch this video if you're feeling like the fight to heal isn't worth it.


Read more about reclaiming hope when all seems lost!



Where do you go to cry?









BOOK OF THE MONTH



Meditations on the central issues and needs of human existence--considered a twentieth-century spiritual classic.

READ MORE HERE!






UPCOMING EVENTS


My Beyond Surviving Program is my in-depth program of live coaching calls and support that teach you how to finally be free of the past and move on with your life.

It's for you if you want step-by-step support to reliably and consistently navigate life with clarity and ease.

This program is designed for all types of survivors who are sick and tired of going around the same mountain over and over again and who want to learn specific tools and skills for transforming their lives.

In the Beyond Surviving program, I've combined what I have learned through my own journey of recovery from sexual abuse, my study of neuroscience, my training in counseling psychology, and my experience working with hundreds of clients. I have included every lesson, exercise, worksheet, client example, and training module that has made a difference for me and my clients into this program.

We use my guidebook, Beyond Surviving: The Final Stage in Recovery from Sexual Abuse, as the roadmap through seven modules that address the critical areas of life that are impacted by abuse.



July: Resilience

Resilience is about effective coping. We will explore how to develop coping strategies that are sucessful in helping us manage emotional and physical distress, process our thoughts and feelings, and then use our experiences and our resilience to help others.


Learn More & Register Here



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign up for my free guide so you can stop spinning your wheels and instead navigate your way through each stage of recovery with ease and clarity. Get the support you need today